Terms & Policies
Please read these terms carefully before using this site.
Please read these terms carefully before using this site.
- Purpose of the Website
The goal of this web site is to provide you with access to information about our products and services. Do not use this web site if you do not agree with these terms. Your continued use of the site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at 1-866-339-8966.
- Trademarks, Service Marks and Copyright Materials
We control and operate this website. All content on this website, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or other intellectual property rights (which are governed by United States and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions, privacy and publicity laws, and communication regulations and statutes). The content is owned and controlled by us, our affiliates, or by third party content providers, merchants, sponsors and licensors (collectively the "Providers") that have licensed their content or the right to market their products and/or services to you using this site. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any content that is presented on this site.
You may not use any registered or unregistered trademarks, service marks or copyrighted materials appearing on this website, including but not limited to any logos or characters, without the express written consent of the owner of the mark or copyright. You may not frame, deep link, or otherwise incorporate into another website any of the content or other materials on this website without our express prior written consent.
Violation of trademark and copyright laws may result in significant civil liability or criminal penalties under United States and/or worldwide copyright and trademark laws. You recognize that any reproduction or use of content, except as authorized by these Terms, is considered intentional infringement.
- Use of the Site
You are accessing this site using the Internet and your Internet service provider. Security cannot be guaranteed. We hereby disclaim all liability for any security breaches of online communications or for any electronic, computer or other system failures. We shall not be liable to any person for loss, liability or damages, including consequential or special damages, arising as a result of any security breaches or system failures or any other defect of the electronic online communication procedures, including, without limitation, loss due to data modification or destruction.
You agree not to use this site for any purpose except access to descriptions of our products and services. In using this site, you agree not to disrupt or interfere with the site, its services, system resources, nor to upload, post or otherwise transmit any viruses or other harmful, disruptive, inappropriate, illegal or destructive files. You also agree not to use, attempt to use, or access other accounts, or create or use a false identity on the site.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, and our parents and affiliates, harmless for any loss or damage caused by your access, attempted access to or manipulation of any account or data of any third party and/or any defect in your system that causes damage to our hardware, software or data. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend access to wexinc.com, in whole or in part, at any time, without notice.
This site and the information provided on this site is provided "AS IS" without any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, noninfringement, or fitness for a particular purpose. WEX Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, make no warranty that use of the site or the materials will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free or that defects, if any will be corrected and we assume no responsibility for any damages that may be suffered by you, including, but not limited to, losses from delays, nondelivery of content or any communications, errors, system down time, network or system outages, file corruption or service interruptions.
- Governing Law, Severability
We operate this website (excluding linked sites) from our offices within the state of Maine. The website can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Maine, by accessing this website, you agree that these Terms and your use of the web site shall be governed in all respects by federal law and the internal substantive laws of the State of Maine, without regard to conflict of laws provisions and shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods. You further submit to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts located in the State of Maine for all disputes, cases and controversies regarding this website, your use of this web site, and your relationship with us. We make no representation that materials on this web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where the content is illegal is prohibited. Customers who choose to access this web site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws, including laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. If any provision of these terms is prohibited by or rendered invalid by applicable law, such provision shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provision or the remaining provisions of these Terms.
For questions concerning these terms or the products described online please call the following number: 1-866-339-8966, or send inquiries to: WEX Inc., P.O. Box 639, Portland, ME 04104. Be sure to include your account number with all inquiries.
Information privacy is important to you. Protecting your information privacy is critical to us. Therefore, we commit to:
- Adhere to our privacy policies
- Give you clear notice of what information we ask you to divulge and what information we collect from you
- Clearly explain how we will use the information that you provide to us
- Share your information only with whom and in such manner as is described in this policy
- Implement and utilize safe and secure physical and information systems to protect private information
Information That We Collect and Use
WEX collects information: 1) from you and from certain third parties when you submit a WEX Inc. Commercial Credit Application; 2) in the form of transaction data when you use your WEX Inc. card; 3) when you submit a request for information about WEX Inc. programs via e-mail; 4) through the use of web tracking software; and 5) from third parties to help us identify products and services which may be useful to you.
- Transaction Data:
When a cardholder uses their WEX Commercial Card we collect transaction data which may be viewed via your FlexOnline account. Such data typically includes the following information:
- Name of cardholder
- Transaction date
- Card/account number
- Total dollar amount of transaction
- Vehicle number, if any
- Driver identification number, if any
- Vehicle odometer reading, if any, as entered by cardholder
- Amount of fuel purchased, if any
- Price per gallon of fuel purchased, if any
- Non-fuel items purchased, if any
- User-established product restrictions, if any
- Merchant at which the transaction occurred
- For certain programs, cardholder contact information
- WEX uses transaction data gathered when you use your WEX Commercial Card for the purpose of processing the transactions as well as for other lawful commercial purposes. The transaction data is critical to our ability to provide billing, electronic bill paying and presentment products ("EBPP") and reporting to you.
- For some WEX commercial card programs, transaction data is collected by a third-party processor and transmitted to WEX. Please refer to Section C(2) below for additional information about information sharing with third parties
- Web Tracking Software:
- WEX utilizes web tracking software that allows us to collect and store information such as the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time that you access our site, the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our site, and the pages that you visited while on our web site.
- WEX uses the information collected as a result of our web tracking software to help diagnose problems with our server, to track user traffic patterns, and to administer our website. This information allows us to determine which areas are of most interest and use to our visitors, which avenues of site promotion are most effective and at what time we can expect peak usage.
- Supplemental Information:
- WEX may supplement the information that you provide with additional information we receive from third parties, including service providers, credit bureaus and industry trade groups. We treat any supplemental information we receive from third parties as carefully as the information that you provide to us directly.
- WEX may use aggregated application information or transaction data for internal and external analytical purposes. Further, WEX may utilize aggregated information or data for marketing purposes. However, aggregated information and data will not be identified with any particular applicant, individual customer or individual cardholder.
With Whom We Share the Information We Collect
- Within Our Company:
- WEX may use the personally identifiable information that you provide, such as your postal address and/or e-mail address to send promotions or solicitations for products or services.
Security of Your Data at Wawa Fleet Card Program®
In order to access your data through Wawa Fleet Card Program®, you will be required to enter a user ID and password. The user ID and password are uniquely associated with your fleet data and restrict unauthorized users from viewing or retrieving data and reports. For a second layer of security, Wawa Fleet Card Program employs a sophisticated firewall that protects the web and database servers from hackers and intruders attempting to gain access to your fleet data.
Security of Your Data across the Internet
A third layer of security is data encryption, or Secure Socket Layer (SSL), between the web server and your browser. Encryption helps prevent technically sophisticated individuals who have the desire, tools, and opportunity from intercepting your data as it travels over the Internet.
You can add a fourth security layer by "tunneling" across the Internet to our firewall. Tunneling requires installation of additional software and a fixed IP address, which may be acquired from your local systems administrator or Internet service provider.
Internal Security for User IDs and Passwords
Anyone possessing your account number, user ID and password can access your account, order new cards, and cause financial injury to you. You must keep your User ID and password confidential. Should you believe unauthorized persons have access to either your User ID or password notify your Customer Service Department immediately.
Technical questions and concerns relating to security should be directed to the WEX Inc. Webmaster at email@example.com. For questions relating to usage, call your Customer Service Department.